The T & G Building was erected in 1923/4 at the corner of Queen and Albert Streets and demolished in 1968. The building is decorated for the 1954 royal visit. (Description supplied with photograph.)
The T & G Mutual Life Assurance Society was an insurance company that operated in Australia and New Zealand. The 'T & G' stood for 'Temperance & General'. The company was founded in 1876.
Information about State Library of Queensland’s collection: pictureqld.slq.qld.gov.au/
Owner: State Library of Queensland, Australia
Source: Flickr Commons