Reprinted from the 2020 CDHS Heritage Calendar:
"S.S. #8 Barrie, referred in Township pagers as the Salmond's School was built in the late 1800s and closed in 1946 when the students went to Marble Lake School. It is believed a wedding took place here, The building is still standing and has been uwed as a cottage and workshop by the Flieler family."
Part of the Ken and Cathy Hook Album
Note: Commercial use of this image is prohibited without CDHS permission. All CDHS Flickr content is available for personal use providing our Rights Statement is followed:
Owner: Cloyne & District Historical Society
Source: Flickr Commons