Try to find the spot where the photographer was standing.
All blokes! More details to see here - catalogue.nli.ie/Record/vtls000316963
"Speed 12 M.P.H." on the side.
We established previously that the Commercial Car Company factory in Luton opened in 1906.
These BM reg buses seem to have a narrower body compared to the IM ones we saw previously:
You can see the coach route via Parknasilla on the 1906 railway map of Ireland at wikipedia
Here another BM serving Parknasilla has had a wheel issue, a party of ladies this time:
BM was the registration plate for Luton
"BM" was a Bedfordshire registration plate issued between January 1904 and December 1920. The crescent shaped panel below the windscreen reads "Commercial Cars Luton"
Here they all are with another charabanc and a car enjoying refreshments at Moll's Gap - catalogue.nli.ie/Record/vtls000316964
Edit - Then at Sneem ...
One of the registrations in the Molls Gap photo dates it to after March 1908:
History of the Parknasilla Hotel. George Bernard Shaw was a regular visitor; is he on one of these charabancs? (!)
In the Dublin Daily Express 112 years ago today, you could have read about the improvement of tourist transport to Parknasilla
OPENING OF TOURIST SERVICES. The well known Prince Wales Route service opened on Friday last, instant, between Killarney and Bantry, and the improvement effected the introduction of luxuriously equipped motor Char-a-bancs in place of the horse coaches was much appreciated by the large number passengers who travelled over the route. This year the route has been altered to include Parknasilla, and these facts will doubtless do much to increase the well established popularity of these well-known services.
Railway News - Saturday 21 May 1910 has a picture of a Motor charabank (very smudgy in the BNA but it has "Kenmare - Parknasilla" on the side and the registration is BK 127). The text with the picture reads:
LONDON AND NORTH-WESTERN . RAILWAY MOTOR FOR IRELAND. Below we reproduce photograph of one of the motor charabancs which it is intended shall be utilised in the Kenmare and Parknasilla districts of Ireland instead of horsed vehicles. The vehicle was sent by road to Holyhead, and thence via Dublin. These motors are the property of the Irish Tourist Development Association, but an inspector travelled with it, and distributed literature in the towns passed through.
Later in the summer of 1910, the Shrewsbury Chronicle of Friday 05 August 1910 reported that "The introduction of road motors has reduced the time from Cahirciveen and Parknasilla from five hours to three hours ... The motors built for these services are of the latest type and are extremely suitable for the services they perform."
[https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnspooner] Great stuff! This via Trove from July 1910 -
Quite a new phase in Kerry touring, is the employment of motor coaches this season, by which visitors are enabled to see many lovely bits which were inaccessible when only the railway transit was available; Parknasilla, Killarney, and Glengariff are now connected by daily service, each way, and it is quite possible to breakfast in Cork, take luncheon in Glengariff, have tea at Parknasilla, and dine in Killarney. The coaches, which have been specially built, are 36 h.p., and are protected by canopies, which keep off sun and rain, and they carry from 14 to 23 passengers ...
See - trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/21881935?searchTerm=pa...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/ Bedfordshire (1903–74), Luton 1974 -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] Luton is in Bedfordshire, so a Luton reg in 1910 would have been a BM.
May well have been here--- just outside the entrance to Parknasilla.?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/ But not necessarily Luton