Advertisement showing the 4-story building covered in signage for the druggist at 16 North Fifth Street. Signs advertise "Drugs, Paint Oil & Glass. English. French. German & Mediterranean Drugs." Through the open entranceways of the business, shelves of bottles on cabinets are visible lining the walls. A clerk reaches for one of the notions as a patron enters the store. Another clerk descends into the cellar in front of the building. Crates and barrels of "elixir," "drugs," and "paint" marked with delivery addresses (e.g., J.H. B. & Co.) line the sidewalk across from a horse-drawn dray parked in the street. Also shows bottles, decanters, jugs, and boxes adorning the central display window and upper floor windows. An oversize model of a mortar and pestle is displayed above the entrances. Clark operated from the address 1839-1853.
Owner: Library Company of Philadelphia
Source: Flickr Commons