1957 Chelsea Road in 1918

Download this image

Love this? Please support us and...

More from this collection

Related by Where

Research Help!

Where: Ohio, Franklin, United States

Try to find the spot where the photographer was standing.

When: 01 June 1918

Try to find the date or year when this image was made.
Dr. Oliver C. Lockhart and his wife, Joanna Kenyon (Mix) Lockhart, came from Albany, Indiana, and Friendship, New York, respectively, and resided at 1957 Chelsea Road with their three children, Elizabeth, Melvin, and Joanna. Dr. Lockhart received his Bachelor and Master of Arts degrees from Indiana State University and a doctorate in Philosophy from Cornell University. Dr. Lockhart was a professor of Economics at Ohio State University.

The Lockhart residence was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Ellsworth P. Ogden near the end of 1918. Mr. Ogden, a Columbus native, and his wife, Maud (McAlpin) Ogden, had two children, McAlpin Price "Mac" and Jean McAlpin Ogden. Mr. Ogden graduated from North High School. He later attended The Ohio State University, where he received a degree in ceramic engineering in 1905. His vocation led him to the clay deposits of Idaho, New York, Georgia, and Tennessee, where he did practical engineering work with terra cotta and paving brick. Closer to home, Mr. Ogden was an engineering consultant for both the J. B. Owens Kiln Company and the American China Company, both based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Mrs. Ogden served as chairman of the membership committee of the Norwester Women's Club.

This image available online at the UA Archives >>

Read the related "Norwester" magazine article at the UA Archives >>


Identifier: hinw08p014i02
Date (yyyy-mm-dd): c. 1918-06
Original Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 7.5 cm
Format: Black and White Halftone Photograph
Source: Norwester, June 1918, page 14
Original Publisher: Upper Arlington Community (Ohio)
Location/s: Upper Arlington (USA, Ohio, Franklin County)
Repository: Upper Arlington Historical Society
Digital Publisher: UA Archives - Upper Arlington Public Library

Credit: UA Archives - Upper Arlington Public Library (Repository: UA Historical Society)


Owner: UA Archives | Upper Arlington History
Source: Flickr Commons
Views: 8559
uaarchives httpwwwuaarchivesorg upperarlington franklincounty ohio history norwestermagazine houses 1957chelsearoad oliverclockhart ellsworthpogden

Add Tags