This narrow street with an open top electric tram has lots of people about.
Was spot on with the location very early in the day, Location Identified as Blackrock Road, Ballintemple, Cork.
points us to the Cork City Councils website - www.Corkpastandpresent.ie
where we get a little history on the use of electric trams in Cork.
"Cork's electric tramway system began operating on 22 December 1898. The hub of the system was near the Father Mathew Statue in St Patrick's Street. The trams operated from 7.30 am to 11.00 pm every day of the week. The tram shown at St Luke's would have served the Summerhill-Sunday's Well route. The other routes were Blackpool-Douglas and Tivoli-Blackrock. The arrival of the bus service and the increasing use of the motor car after the 1920s spelt the end for the tramway system. Cork bade farewell to its trams on 30 September 1931."
Niall also narrows the date a little to Circa 1904 - 1920
Photographer: Fergus O’Connor
Collection: Fergus O’Connor Collection
Date: Circa 1904 - 1920
NLI Ref: OCO 370
You can also view this image, and many thousands of others, on the NLI’s catalogue at catalogue.nli.ie
Owner: National Library of Ireland on The Commons
Source: Flickr Commons