Mackay, Queensland, Australia
The original building was a rectangular structure 41ft by 18ft built in 1871 by Edward Theophilus Cross, and opened on 11th December 1871. The headmaster's residence built at the same time was on the corner of Alfred and Nelson Streets (Information taken from original research by Berenice Wright of Mackay).
View this image at the State Library of Queensland: hdl.handle.net/10462/deriv/83500
Information about State Library of Queensland’s collection: www.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/picture-queensland
Owner: State Library of Queensland, Australia
Source: Flickr Commons