Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
Christ Church, Church of England : The first Anglican church was built in Quay Street in 1876. In 1899 the church was shifted to Woongarra Street near the present site. The present church was completed in 1927. The church was built in an English gothic style with the characteristic features of pointed arches, bell tower and 34 metre spire tower. The stone walls surrounding the grounds, the lichgate and the wayside cross are in keeping with old English custom.
View this image at the State Library of Queensland: hdl.handle.net/10462/deriv/192215
Information about State Library of Queensland’s collection: pictureqld.slq.qld.gov.au/
Owner: State Library of Queensland, Australia
Source: Flickr Commons