2011 West Devon Road in 1918

Download this image

More from this collection

Related by Where

Support Pastpin!

Where: 1989-2019 Devon Rd W, Upper Arlington, OH 43212, USA

Try to find the spot where the photographer was standing.

When: 01 November 1918

Try to find the date or year when this image was made.
This house at 2011 West Devon Road, between Roxbury Road and Arlington Avenue, was built in 1918 and was the home of Dr. Yeatman Wardlow, his wife, the former Helen Leahy, and daughter, Judith. In 1918 Mrs. Wardlow's brother, T. R. Leahy of the 62nd field artillery, was also residing with the family. At that time Leahy was the Detachment Commander of Brigadier General Smith's staff of the 62nd Field Artillery stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. Dr. Wardlow was an early resident of Upper Arlington, practiced surgery for many years, and became the chief of staff at a local Protestant hospital located on Park Street near Buttles Avenue. The hospital eventually moved and is now known as Riverside Methodist Hospital. Dr. Wardlow also had a keen interest in tennis and dogs.

This image available online at the UA Archives >>

Read the related "Norwester" magazine article at the UA Archives >>

----------------------------------------

Identifier: hinw13p024i02
Date (yyyy-mm-dd): c. 1918-11
Original Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 7.6 cm
Format: Black and White Halftone Photograph
Source: Norwester, November 1918, page 24
Original Publisher: Upper Arlington Community (Ohio)
Location/s: Upper Arlington (USA, Ohio, Franklin County)
Repository: Upper Arlington Historical Society
Digital Publisher: Upper Arlington Public Library, UA Archives

Credit: UA Archives - Upper Arlington Public Library (Repository: UA Historical Society)

Info:

Owner: UA Archives | Upper Arlington History
Source: Flickr Commons
Views: 6253
uaarchives httpwwwuaarchivesorg upperarlington franklincounty ohio history norwestermagazine houses 2011westdevonroad yeatmanwardlow

Add Tags