View of Port Chalmers township looking down Grey Street towards the band rotunda at the junction of George, Grey and Beach Streets. Commercial buildings line both sides of the street, and there is smoke coming from a tall factory chimney to the left of the band rotunda. The premises of McEwan's (boot makers) are on the left, and Miss Fairley's (refreshment rooms) are on the right. Photograph taken by William A Price in the early 1900s.
Inscriptions: Inscribed - Photographer's title on negative -bottom left: Port Chalmers. NZ. No 3207.
Band Rotunda was constructed circa 1902 to commemorate the coronation of King Edward VII and in memory of Port Chalmers troopers who died in the Boer war (South African War).
Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s).
Physical Description: Dry plate glass negative 4.75 x 6.5 inches
View of Port Chalmers township. Price, William Archer, 1866-1948 :Collection of post card negatives. Ref: 1/2-001246-G. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. natlib.govt.nz/records/23162236
Owner: National Library NZ on The Commons
Source: Flickr Commons