Try to find the spot where the photographer was standing.
This is R 1738, the first of the new corridor trams, in September 1933, just before its unveiling on 29 September 1933 at Randwick Workshops. It still exists in the Powerhouse Museum collection at Castle Hill Storage. R 1740 runs regularly at the Sydney Tram Museum at Loftus, next station after Sutherland.
The card tied to the nearest seat at centre left reads "THE MINISTER FOR TRANSPORT". Even he couldn't get a window seat.